I got the Majestouch 2 Ninja (model FKBN104M/EFB2) a few weeks ago and have been enjoying it as my main keyboard. I like it very much and highly recommend it. I will keep this review short and simple.
- I love the fact that this keyboard has front-face printing on the keycaps — i.e., the letters and words are printed not directly on the keycaps themselves, but on the side of the keycap facing you, so that, they are visible only if you look at the keyboard from the viewpoint of the user. I thought I was taking a bit of a gamble with these uniquely printed keycaps, but I find them just perfect for the touch typist such as myself. Also, I usually put the keyboard at least a feet or so away from me1 and it’s actually easier to see the keys than with a regular keyboard!
- Solid construction; keyboard is heavy.
- Inconspicuous branding/logo.
- The Enter key, if you put your finger on it and wiggle your finger left to right, produces a clicking noise from the keycap touching the metal lever underneath it. It feels a bit awkward, although in practice it doesn’t really change the feel of the keyboard at all, because, when you do use the Enter key, you just press it like any other key.
- USB cable is not detachable.
- USB cable comes directly out the center of the keyboard — you cannot reposition it to come out from the left or right.
I love this keyboard. I love the feel of the Cherry Brown switch. The feel is like a cross between a Topre and a buckling spring — soft, yet mechanical. The keys have enough resistance so that I can rest my fingers on the keys without fearing that I’ll register a keypress (a problem I had with the 45g Topre switches). I might try out the Cherry Clear MX switches in the future (maybe when the CODE keyboard gets restocked).
I have long arms.↩︎