Hello! My name is Linus Arver and this is my blog.
Please email me at email@example.com for anything related to this blog. I have long since graduated from UCLA, but they gave me a lifetime email address. ;)
I have fun writing computer programs. It is by far my favorite hobby. I like C, Python, and Haskell; I know some Emacs Lisp because of necessity (as it is my editor of choice).
I use free/open-source software almost exclusively as much as possible. Below are some of them.
- NixOS - my favorite OS
- dm-crypt/LUKS - my choice for full disk encryption
- Terminus - my favorite monospaced font
- rxvt-unicode (aka
urxvt) - the only sane Unicode-aware terminal emulator
- Xmonad - the crash-proof tiled window manager
- Vim - an advanced text editor
- Emacs - an even more advanced text editor
- evil - an Emacs addon that makes it behave like Vim
- git - distributed data versioning
- GnuPG (aka
gpg) - a way to ensure secure communications
- Qutebrowser - a lightweight browser that makes it behave like Vim
- Texlive - the modern TeX environment (LuaTeX being my preferred engine)
- Lilypond - if TeX is the sophisticated typesetting system, then Lilypond is the sophisticated sheet-music-setting system
Everything except links on this site will be self-contained and safely accessible forever. Hakyll comes with a link checker for the entire site so dead links should be a non-issue.